The beaches are not as busy, the cafes are quieter and you don’t need to queue as long at the ice-cream shop! As the school holidays become a distant memory and things get back to normal, there is an upside to this time of the year - it’s a great time to head to Torquay with your little ones.
Torquay is very popular this time of year for families with pre-school children.
Why not take a holiday now, while your life does not yet revolve around the school terms?
Five top things to do with the kids in Torquay:
1. Pack the bicycles, add the training wheels, because there’s a great bike friendly path that you can access by crossing The Espalande right near Serenity Accommodation. It is a short cycle to the Play Park and not much further to the ice-cream shop
2. Your kids will have some fun at the Torquay Play Park. The park has elevated walkways with ramps, ladders, slides, a fireman’s pole and rope ladders
3. Enjoy an ice-cream from Frenchys. A Torquay icon, Frenchy’s Ice-cream Parlour has been around for as long as we can remember and never disappoints.
4. Grab your bucket and spade and hit the beach. Cosy Corner is sheltered and family friendly. The surf beach around the corner is patrolled.
5. Explore the rock pools at the Point Danger Marine Sanctuary at low tide.
Torquay is a delight for little children. So, maybe it’s time to treat YOUR family to a break.
Join our facebook page, and keep an eye out for our accommodation special deals.
Join our mailing list by clicking here.
See you soon!
Glenn & The Serenity Team