Things To Do in Torquay With Kids
13 February 2015 - Great Ocean Road
The beaches are not as busy, the cafes are quieter and you don’t need to queue as long at the ice-cream shop! As the school holidays become a distant memory and things get back to normal, there is an upside to this time of the year – it’s a great time to head to Torquay with your little ones.
Torquay is very popular this time of year for families with pre-school children. Why not take a holiday now, while your life does not yet revolve around the school terms?
Five top things to do with the kids in Torquay
- 1. Pack the bicycles, add the training wheels, because there’s a great bike friendly path that you can access by crossing The Espalande right near Serenity Accommodation. It is a short cycle to the Play Park and not much further to the ice-cream shop
- 2. Your kids will have some fun at the Torquay Play Park. The park has elevated walkways with ramps, ladders, slides, a fireman’s pole and rope ladders
- 3. Enjoy an ice-cream from Frenchys. A Torquay icon, Frenchy’s Ice-cream Parlour has been around for as long as we can remember and never disappoints.
- 4. Grab your bucket and spade and hit the beach. Cosy Corner is sheltered and family friendly. The surf beach around the corner is patrolled.
- 5. Explore the rock pools at the Point Danger Marine Sanctuary at low tide.
Torquay is a delight for little children. So, maybe it’s time to treat YOUR family to a break.